Friday, September 2, 2011

I Am Special!


Our kindergartners just completed a two week unit of study that focused on being unique.  During this study, we made boy and girl graphs, eye color graphs, hair color graphs, pet graphs, and birthday graphs.  We also tried to learn our address and phone number.  We ended the study by having a "Twin Day."  This day was in honor of our kindergarten twins, Tressleh and Pryor.  The students were taught the following poem to help them better understand their differences.
                                                        I like my hair, my eyes, and my name;
                                                       But you and I are not the same.
                                                      We are different as you can see,
                                                      But we're the best that we can be!

1 comment:

Pattie Thomas said...

All of our kindergarteners AND their wonderful teachers are special to R. L. Young. Loved the video and cute pics. Keep learning and having fun.